Monday 21 May 2012

For Joe:
Joe, we have such a laugh, we share a similar sense of humour.  I love it that you like a giggle with me.  I like your personality, you are full of character.  I like to watch you drawing, which you do quite a lot at the moment.  I like to sit and watch you draw, your head bent and eyes focused on what you are doing.  You are so concentrated and absorbed you don't hear what's going on around you, and it can be pretty noisy sometimes.  Jasmine makes sure of that!  I wonder if your love of drawing will continue and develop through your life... 

I'll never forget the morning  you were born in Dubai on the 2nd June 2006.  When we arrived at the delivery suite we heard two little cries and knew it was you making your first two sounds.  Your Mum and Dad were in such a rush to get to the American Hospital before you came out, that they had to leave their car, still running, outside the entrance door,... with the car doors wide open!

We have shared so many special times together Joe, I have many happy memories of time spent with you.  We walked up on the Moor together from our house and sat on a big stone with lovely views of the Town.  You were only about three at the time.  I told you that would always be our stone, and one day we should take a picnic up there.  It's such a nice stone to sit on and admire the views, that I'm sure many people have said the same thing.

I remember taking you up through Ridgemont Cemetery and you had a stick  which you pushed into the soil near the side entrance gates.  You went up there a few times after that and your stick was still where we left it!  There is so much I'd like to do with you Joe, but I treasure all the times I spend with you now.  I can't stop looking at your face, it's a nice face, a lovely face I want to say, and you have a wonderful way with you, an insight which comes to the surface making that particular moment very special.  You ask questions which I find quite profound.  You think about things, I like that.  I love you Joe. 


I took this photograph on one of our walks Joe, you've always liked being out in the wild!  This was down at the Bridge of the Water...