Tuesday 8 May 2012

More changes
I've been experiencing more changes and a time to readjust, in fact I'm having to readjust as I go because my weeks aren't the same.  As time moves on and the calendar month changes so this cancer moves on.  My appetite and taste buds have changed, which is one of the biggest changes of the past few weeks.  I can't face eating a meal and struggle to think of something I feel like eating.  When I think of something I could eat it tastes different to how it usually tastes.  My cups of tea aren't so good these days either, I always drank still water, now it makes me feel sick so I have sparkling water. 

I've been struggling with a few of the side effects of having cancer in my Ovaries this past week and It throws up hormonal issues which wouldn't normally be a part of my life.

Mentally it's been tough, I can't say otherwise.  I've felt sorry for myself these past few days, just fed up with the barrage of things thrown on me by this dreadful disease.  There aren't days off this thing which is why I would encourage anyone who thinks they have a problem to visit their G.P. The late stages of stage 4 cancer aren't generous enough to give time off for a break or to catch your breath, it's full on dealing with the physical, emotional, and for me now, mental effects of what it causes.

Early detection and diagnosis is the key.

We walked down to the fishery and had a drink outside, the wild flowers looked beautiful.  The sun shone every now and then but it was cool for May, the weathermen have told us it could be the coolest May on record.  The Occupational Therapist told me to walk half way to the Fishery and then turn back, but with a rest I could do it.  When I got home though, I was shaking like a leaf.  I looked at my hands trembling as if they weren't mine... Now I know why she said that...