Thursday 10 May 2012

A memory for Jasmine
My lovely Jasmine you are a very bright light in my life, I can't go a day without seeing you I love to scoop you up in my arms and hug and kiss you.  I love to hear your voice when you come to my house and I'm upstairs, you call for me and my heart lifts at the sound of your voice, which isn't quite 3 yet.  When we see one another we rush towards each other we are so happy to be in each others company again.  Two days ago, which would be the 8th May 2012, you banged your little thumb when you tried to close the door as you were leaving, your Mummy quickly lifted you up to cuddle you and check your thumb was okay.  It hurt you but it looked like it would be alright very soon.  You were crying and I felt your thumb, it felt hot, I know what it feels like when you bump your thumb and it feels hot so I gently kissed it.  Inside my heart I wished with all my might it wouldn't hurt you for very long.  I picked a lovely bright yellow pansy from one of my flower pots, it was cool and damp and felt like satin.  It was one of those pansy's that wasn't completely open.  It offered a little place where you could put your hot thumb to help cool it down and soothe it on your way home in the car.  I called out to you as you were leaving, and walked over to the courtyard gate where I gently placed the flower in your hand for your poorly thumb to rest inside until it didn't feel poorly anymore.

I love you with all my heart my darling Jasmine, 

Nannie xxxx