Friday 11 May 2012

A Memory with Ella
Ella, this is for you my love.  It was a time when you lived in Dubai when we were there and Aunty Jessica and Uncle Dan too.  It was lovely to see so much of you because when we lived in Dubai on our own I only saw you when I came over to England.  This was a special time you and I shared together on the beach, Luke, your Mum and Dad, Aunty Jessica and Uncle Dan were playing a game of football in the hot sun.  We were busy looking at trees and sitting in the sea!
 
I wrote this after you had returned to the U.K.  I missed you terribly!

Together we shared the beauty and energy of the Moon and Stars.
Her small body pressed against mine as we turned our heads to the sky.
I taught her to look at the Moon and Stars and the look in her eyes was almost as deep as the feeling I have when I look up at the night sky. 

Held on my hip we touched her first tree, a palm tree on the beach.  She felt what nature has to offer her from that first touch of a tree trunk.  I pointed to the outstretched leaves, and the patterns of the leaves against the sky.  Her eyes twinkled with enthusiasm her attention in the moment complete.

I took her to the edge of the shore, sat down, and placed her at the side of me.  We looked straight ahead from the golden soft sands to the turquoise and aqua marine ocean.  As I slowly glanced round to her frame on my right hand side, I took a deep breath and saw she was taking the same deep and intoxicating breath of life.   Filling her being in that moment, she wasn’t a child of one year, she was a Soul caught in a timeless moment of wonder.  She didn’t move this wonder in my life.  She was still, so unlike a child of one.  There we sat in the same stance, and I heard her sigh inwardly, although she was silent.  I lifted her and dragged her feet through the waters.  I watched the delight on her face as she felt another element, and my heart was overflowing. 

I really miss being with her, and asked my Son to show her the Moon and Stars again that she may feel the wonder of what we shared together.

I am grateful to have experienced those special moment with Ella.

I will never forget looking round and how she was as she looked out to the Ocean, as she sat just inches from the shore with her bare feet in the sand.

Ella, I came over from Dubai to see you, I'm such a big softie I couldn't help but cry when I cuddled you, you were such a lovely baby.