Tuesday 6 March 2012

Another infection
I was up most of the night as another infection decided to move into my body and made me feel uncomfortable all night.  Cystitis is not very nice as most people who've experienced it can tell you.  There are varying degrees to the symptoms.  I took some paracetamol overnight and I found my Sodium Citrate sachets which help relieve the symptoms for a few hours.  In fact they make the infection bearable, but you can only have three doses in 24 hours, and only for two days.  Then there is Cranberry juice which is always highly recommended, but you need to check the Cranberry content on the bottle or carton because many brands only have a small percentage of Cranberry juice in them, alongside a lot of sugar because Cranberry's can be quite bitter.  


By daylight I was feeling fed up with the discomfort and constant need to be in the bathroom.  My left Kidney aches all the time, my ovaries ache, and one or two other areas, I just shouted in my bathroom, "Leave me alone!"  It does help sometimes!  I was thinking to myself, "Stop chipping away at me and wearing me down infections, I've had enough of you!"  This is the fourth one now in the past several weeks.  As I've said in a previous blog, I'm not spending my time worrying about infections, but the more I get the more I'm aware that this could be the weakness in my body from the advanced cancer.  I don't want to become resistant to the anti biotics I'm on every few weeks, especially if I ended up with a lung infection.  Anyway - these are thoughts drifting through my mind which are out in this blog now.  Something that is at the back of my mind, quietly but cautiously sitting observing what's going on, but trying not to interfere with me cracking on with my life as best as I can.

I could see the sunshine filling the sky, and the big fluffy clouds I love sailing along in the breeze but I couldn't go out.   We'd made plans to go to a local town's market and buy some fresh cheeses and chutney, and have a drink in a cafe, generally having a lovely time, but I couldn't leave the house.  Alan went down to the Doctors first thing, and by 9am one of the Doctors called me.  By 9.30 I had a prescription for anti biotics and a Urine sample bottle to drop back off at the Doctors before lunch so it could be sent off for testing.  


The bright sunshine had been replaced by grey clouds as I stepped out of the house late this afternoon.  I'd taken another Sodium Citrate drink which helped me get out of the house for 40 minutes.  We drove up to one of our favourite view points on the Moor and sipped our hot drinks.  It didn't matter that the skies were grey, I was looking at the horizon, the Kestrels, the beautiful land, and the sky, it felt good.