Wednesday 14 March 2012

Precious Time
I've been well enough to sit up in bed today, and I'm going to have a walk around the house shortly. Yesterday is a bit of a blur. My temperature went up to 39.00 at one point. Every time we got it down for a few hours it would start to climb again. I felt lousy and fed up of all the 2 hour sessions of uncontrollable shivers.  Just after lunchtime I got a home visit from my GP who said he wanted to put an end to, "this suffering". Those were words I held onto for the rest of the day!  He prescribed stronger anti biotics which target the urinary tract and are also for general use.  He seemed to think it's still a urinary tract infection although my cancer Macmillan Nurse said she wanted bloods doing for more investigation. The good news was my lungs were clear.  The District Nurse came out later and took bloods and a water sample.  By 3pm I started the new antibiotics.  Most of the day was spent dealing with the fever and shivering but by 9pm I got up to watch my favourite programme, Masterchef! Shortly after watching T.V. I felt really sick and vomited then crawled back into bed. 

As of now, 4pm, I'm feeling some improvement, I've had an hour out of bed, seen Alan and Jake, and now I'm resting so I can hopefully have a bath. I've had a pretty even day up to now so hopefully these anti biotics are working. I really hope so. My Sister and Niece Face Timed me today and played my favourite theme music to me over the iPad, it was lovely.  After 9 days of these fevers I'm hoping I'm going to the better side of this infection, the get well soon side.


Van Morrison, Precious Time.