Friday 9 March 2012

Temperature back up to 38.4 last night
I've not felt well enough to look at Judith McGuinness Cancer support through collective thinking yet, I'm hoping I'll feel well enough soon to do one or two things.    I'd felt able to come downstairs yesterday for an hour, and I wrote the blog then I went back to bed again until late afternoon.  Then I pulled on some clothes and Alan took me up to the viewpoint on the moor so we had half an hour sitting in the car looking out, sometimes using our binoculars.  I was happy to be there in that special place.  When we got home I felt really poorly so I got into bed until 9.15pm when my Son Jake arrived.  I got up and sat on the sofa for an hour or so then went back to bed.  I couldn't stop shivering and felt very poorly as I have most of this week.  It was hard not to groan and thrash around trying to get comfortable, it's been difficult to get comfortable.  I heard myself keep groaning and it was the only thing I could do to express how lousy I felt.  I was so cold I put my dressing gown on in bed which stopped the shivering after a while.  By 5am I thought I would check my temperature, I heard fast bleeping which means my temperature was above what is classed as normal.  It was over 38 again so Alan got up and began opening the windows and removing my dressing gown and pulling the sheets back.  After half an hour my temperature was within normal ranges. I've hardly slept in two nights so I had half a sleeping tablet which, thankfully gave me a few good hours of sleep.  Jessica was here at lunchtime helping me have a bath and washing my hair for me, then she dried it and I was able to get straight in bed again for a rest.  It felt lovely with nice clean sheets on too.  My appetite is still not roused I've had two apples today.  Most of the time I've felt nauseous but not today so far, that's a plus.  I came downstairs this afternoon because Jake arrived after work to clean my fridge so I thought I'd do an update whilst I felt up to it but now I need to lie down again.  


When I don't feel up to going out I like to think about one of the places I've lived or visited.  We took this photograph at Petra in Jordan.  It is an amazing place. Lovely memories.