Thursday 29 March 2012

Update after a week, and almost a month into feeling poorly.
I've not felt up to writing on my blog, I'm still feeling much the same as I have these past two and a half weeksThe first week, three and a half weeks ago, I was a lot worse and in bed the whole week moaning and groaning, and fighting what we think was an infection.  I finished my third round of anti biotics on Tuesday and I haven't got any worse as of todayI'm not quite sure what I'm dealing with, all I know is that it's new territory, I've no previous experience with how I'm feeling now to know what's wrong and how this will progress.  I spend about 17 hours a day in bed and the rest of the time is spent sitting on the sofa, or Alan and I drive up to the Moors for an hour, or something similar.  I can't do much more than that.  Most of the time I'm queasy and off my 'normal' types of foods that I enjoy eatingThe nights are quite long and disturbed seeing me in and out of the bathroom several times a night and toweling the sweat off in between sleeping sessions.  I feel most poorly around 4 hours after taking Paracetamol and often start shivering at the 5 hour mark with another hour to wait until I can take another dose.  I feel freezing cold at that time, which is usually shortly before my temperature starts to go up.  I find talking draining and can only manage two hours of T.V. in the evenings then I need to get back into bed again.  My bed has been my little sanctuary for almost a month now even though my body feels sore with lying in it for so long.  The ride through my day is very rocky but my bed holds me safe from falling through, because I feel like I'm falling out of the Universe when I'm on my feet.  Yesterday I actually thought I was slipping through this World, it was so real in my perception of reality.  It was our wedding Anniversary yesterday so I thought I'd try and go in one shop, bad idea!  The feeling I experience is different to Vertigo or being dizzy, it's like I just said, I feel like I'm falling through or going to float off.  Every sound of chatter, the clattering of shopping trolley's, every face blurred and surreal, I had to get out of there fast before I fell through.  The drive there itself was invading my senses with noise, braking and speed bumps, I said, "I don't know if I can do this again."  The positive is I don't feel half as bad as week one...