Friday 10 February 2012


As each day passes, I'm understanding more and more about the need for energy conservation to manage the fatigue I'm experiencing.  I've not done a fantastic job on conserving energy so far this year because it's in my nature to burst into the day to find ways to mingle the enthusiasm I feel inside with the world I see outside.  This could  involve being outdoors and having a lovely walk, or looking at the lovely Moorland around me, or chatting and giggling with my precious family.  Experiencing limitations can be frustrating until I've mentally adjusted to the ever changing, and new me of the day, on any day.  I had a frustrating day yesterday with no energy.  I felt like I couldn't do anything.  I began to wonder if I had flu later in the evening when I was shivering every now and again.  I've decided to have a dressing gown day today so I'm not doing very much, just small things and then sitting down again.  I was in bed until Midday, where I felt I needed to be

I enjoy the experience of enthusiasm, but this is an area I'm having to manage and rein in to conserve energy.  It's becoming more about holding onto it, the opposite to the me I used to be.

I'm adjusting to this new part of my journey with cancer.

Today, I'm sharing another of my special things which is my all time favourite Violin concerto, this would be:
Jean Sibelius Violin concerto, and my favourite violinist Maxim Vengerov




This piece has been a long time companion of mine. 
To my Grandchildren, Luke, Ella, Joe and Jasmine, my husband Alan, my children Jake and Jessica.  If you  make a trail back to this blog, this is one of my favourite things.
The first movement, and then especially as the music builds from around 18 minutes and 23 minutes is just, well, it never fails to move me.