Monday 13 February 2012

Infection update:
I'm feeling better again today, and after lying in until midday I got dressed.  Alan and I had a short walk down to the local fishery for lunch, which was fresh fish in their own batter, hand cut chips and mushy peas, topped up with a squeeze of fresh lemon, and their home made tartar sauce.  Just what the Doctor ordered!  After the delicious lunch we continued with our walk for another 15 minutes.  It's been a few days since I was outdoors and I felt a bit rocky on my feet, but I soon forgot about that as my eyes found the horizon, I'd missed that.  Apart from all the usual niggles in my ovaries and bowel area, I'm feeling on the better side of the breast infection.  Infections didn't hit me as hard as this before I had cancer.  I remember getting an infection from the PICC line I had inserted in my arm to administer chemotherapy.  (A PICC line is a long, soft, flexible tube, or catheter, that is inserted through a vein in the arm. The PICC catheter is designed to reach one of the larger veins located near the heart.)  It floored me, I couldn't do anything.  This is how I felt with this breast infection, I found it difficult to even talk.  It sounds ridiculous but that's what it was like.  When I think about it though, I'm fatigued to start with, cancer cells are running through my body, so, put the infection in the mix and then it makes sense.  I always associated breast infection with breast feeding so this was new to me.  I've been thinking about why I'm sharing this part of my journey through cancer with anyone who wants to read my blog.  I am naturally a private person so these past two years of sharing my experiences have been about me being out of my comfort zone and in the public eye with my day to day life.  I can go into this more on my next blog...

I like to see the horizon.