Friday 17 February 2012

Happy Birthday Jake
I'm dedicating this blog to my Son Jake who's birthday is today.  Jake went with me to the hospital the morning I had a colonoscopy.  Jake was the first family member to see me after I was told I had a large apple core lesion, almost causing a complete blockage in my bowel.  Alan, my husband, had gone back to Dubai a few weeks before that to work because I told him it would be okay, I didn't have cancer so why worry...  Jake has also been a wonderful support through the past two years, despite the fact he has two children, a busy life around home, study for his degree, then work.  How he got his History degree with honours I don't know, with what was going on with my operations and treatments at the time, but he did.  He has been there for me as much as possible, he has cooked for me, he has cleaned for me, he has sat through treatment with me once.  I saw his concerned face when I was coming round from my 7hrs 30mins bowel surgery.  Jake is my first born child who was breech delivery.  I was scheduled to have a home delivery at my Mum's house, but as he was in breech position I had to go to hospital.  I was the first person at that hospital to have as natural a Breech delivery as possible, with no drugs or gas and air.  Would I do it again if I had my time over, definitely not, I would be reaching for gas and air!  We have shared some wonderful times together and have many, many, happy memories.  Especially when he would come out to Dubai to stay with us, sometimes three times a year.  Later, when he had children, he stayed for 3 months and Jessica was living there too.
Happy Birthday Jake.  Most of all on your birthday, I want you to know I love you so very much, you have been a wonderful Son and friend.  You may not get to see this blog for a long time, but when you do, I want you to know I've always been proud of you as I watched you growing up, all through the years.. to the man you have become.  I hope you find what you're looking for in your life, I hope you find love, I hope you fill your life with special things, I hope you think of you, be kind to yourself.  I have been blessed to have you as my Son, what an amazing person you are.   I love you always, I'll never say goodbye...  It took me a while to sort out this song, it had to have the right words.  I know you like the Bee Gee's too.   
 
Happy Birthday Son, I love you, Mum x.


This is 'Immortality' written by the Bee Gees, performed by them and Celine Dion.