Saturday 11 February 2012


I had another lousy day yesterday, but my temperature was rising along with some of my other symptoms so Alan called the Out of hours Doctors service.  An hour later a Doctor called back to talk to me and ask a few questions.  At 2am this morning we ended up driving to the next town, to their Clinic which is open out-of-hours.  I saw the female Doctor there who wanted to examine me.  She confirmed what I told her I thought it was on the telephone.  I had got an infection in my breast, and my temperature was rising.  No wonder I felt so awful for two days.  On top of how I feel every day, which is fatigued, I wondered how I was going to function again.  When I found out it was an infection I felt a sense of relief, that I wasn't going to feel like this all the time.  How I felt reminded me of how I used to feel on Chemotherapy, and my white blood cell count was low.  Just getting up the stairs was an effort.  I'm now on Anti Biotics again so I have to manage my food schedule so that my stomach is empty when I take the Capsules, and that it stays empty for an hour afterwards.  Now that will take some management!  This is the third infection I've had in the past few weeks, all in different parts of my body.  Could I worry about it, yes, will I, not so much, but I am realistic, and will keep a part of my mind reserved for thinking about the fact that I've had three infections recently.  I shut the door to that part of my mind when I've thought about it, but I can open it up anytime I want to have a think about infections, that way it won't spoil my days, which are pretty valuable. 

My days are valuable